C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, September 12, 2020

Late Summer Blooms

It's nice having new blooms this time of year....and it's time for turtlehead.  

Turtlehead is a tidy...medium tall plants with pink blooms that look like their namesake.  They are a refreshing pop of color in my mostly green textured garden.

Another September bloom is my purple shrub clematis call New Love.  I moved a small little piece to the condo from Lexington this spring and I wasn't even sure it was going to settle in at the beginning....but it's performing very nicely.

Paul put this stump at the end of the rock wall earlier this summer and it's been a favorite perch for the little chipmunks.  Sometimes they sit up there for quite a while....and we enjoying watching them.  


Here's a little perspective on our view of the chipmunk.


The verbena is still going strong.


And I think the key is every time before I head back to Lexington I snip off every single bloom....and even trim the plant back here and there.  Then when I get back there are fresh new blooms and the trimming has promoted new growth. These are this morning's trimmings....because yes....we're back in Lexington for a few days.


No comments:

Post a Comment