C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, September 19, 2020

Bits and Pieces of Fall

Paul and I were on the Eastern Promenade of Portland just as the sun was coming up over Casco Bay.  We were wondering if it would still be red....but instead...the sun....and everything else was golden yellow.  It was a delightful way to start the day.

 This time of year I enjoy picking up and watching bits and pieces of fall that I find on our walks.  I collect them in a wooden bowl on the dining room table at the condo which makes for a nice centerpiece....and good entertainment as I watch the wabi-sabi process.


Of course Margie's gourds have to be part of the collection....they're one of my favorite fall decorations. 

I wrote about her gourds here:

And a secondary connection story about them here:
https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2019/03/circles-and-connections.html


Look at that incredible green color! They're drying nicely...whatever they are.


And as I've always said....it's all about the stem.  I love this little pumpkin sitting on my fence.

No comments:

Post a Comment