C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Week Three

Paul was pretty excited to put this little treasure in my hand this morning....saying it may be the best thing he's ever found.....for me.  And I have to say....I'm intrigued with this odd little chewed up brown shoe.  I can't even wrap my head around the doll it was made for.  It is a woman's shoe....or a man's?  

Needless to say....it did not disappoint.



It's week three of the rotation of our 4x6 exchange....and this is the card we keep. 

Continuing with the stitching and watercolor technique this time I sewed quick and simple daisy pinwheel shapes.....with no planning at all.


I use these metallic watercolors....and although they appear pretty bright in the pans....the colors are actually a bit muted but quite pretty. The whole thing took less than an hour.  


In no way am I done stitching and watercoloring.....I'm actually kind of hooked and I see some greeting cards in my future.

These shimmery paints are fun when they catch the light.


No comments:

Post a Comment