C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Just Like Old Times

Deering Oaks Park is walking distance from where we used to live in Portland....and I've always been quite fond of it. And now...it's only about a 10 minute drive from the condo so still very accessible. This morning I went to a small farmers' market in the park....first time this season.  The bigger market is on Saturdays in this same spot but the smaller Wednesday market that's usually right down town....has also been in the park during the pandemic so it can be more spread out.  It was a delightful way to spend an hour and I enjoyed wandering all around the park.

What struck me most was the fact that they are letting many parts of the park go natural and wild...letting the grasses grow almost like a meadow. It's quite lovely and so much more environmentally beneficial.  I found these areas as beautiful as the colorful flowers and vegetables.

But I did also enjoy the color.





I enjoyed being in the park again....just like old times.

No comments:

Post a Comment