C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, March 8, 2021

New Growth

I was pretty excited today when I noticed new growth on a few of the succulent plants we got as a gift from Hancock Church.  

The sweet little garden has found a home in the "reading room" where it will get good afternoon light...especially this time of year when the sun is low in the southern sky.  Succulents love light.  I'm quite fond of the striped afternoon shadows from the blinds this time of day.


This was the view from my chair late this afternoon as I was uploading my photos....my succulents and I are going to enjoy the sunsets from the reading room.
And speaking of gardens....I did another stenciled watercolor experiment today.  This time I put this floral stencil on a watercolor block...so the paper stayed totally flat while I worked.  
I tried to be a little more careful to not have too much water in my paint....
and the irony is I almost wished it actually bled a little more.  That's why we experiment.

 
There's got to be something interesting I can do with it to embellish it a bit more.  I'll just have to do some more experimenting....and likely cut it up for cards.


No comments:

Post a Comment