C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, March 25, 2021

The Beach

I spent all morning working on the day 4 lesson for my new class....but writing about it will have to wait. I've been hesitant to share....but I turned a corner on that feeling today and am excited to see where it takes me.  More tomorrow...because this afternoon I went to the beach...and when a day involves the beach...that has to be celebrated.

The afternoon started with a visit with Margie....and I got to see her fabulous finished spring puzzle....it's over 3 feet long.  I'm already sorting edge pieces for my next one....and this one will get added to my to do pile.  


Jane invited me for a late afternoon beach walk....and the rain and fog cleared just in time. It was cloudy....but beautiful. I actually like gray days at the beach.


I was quite taken with this site....and had to soak it in for a minute and it was a good reminder of the power of the ocean.  This massive boulder is sitting on top of the tree trunk and might be 5 or 6 feet in diameter. 

The ocean just scooped it up....and set it down again...and the driftwood log was amazing too.

Every year the sands dunes shift and change. This fence post used to be fully above the beach....now it's mostly under.

The beach is amazing and beautiful....and I'm lucky I have so many place and opportunities to visit it.


I gathered some wabi-sabi rose hips on the walk back to Jane's house...
the colors and textures are amazing! 


And Jane has been at it again.....she's using up all her fabric and this quilt is wild and fun.


And finally....a sign of spring in her garden. Yup...it's a good day when it includes Jane's garden....and her beach.  Thanks Jane!

No comments:

Post a Comment