C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Nut Mix

I confess....I didn't walk with Paul this morning with the wind chill in the low teens.  I don't want to rush the seasons....but winter is supposed to be over and I'm looking forward to consistent early spring temps at least over freezing.  

Paul knew I would love this squiggly ice patch....and he found $5 but it was frozen to the ground so couldn't be picked up.  I always appreciate what catches his eye.


It was a bit of a chore day for me....but I did enjoy some hot tea and a snack at the puzzle table. We've been in this cold stretch for days....and tea helps. I tried my best to capture the steam rising out of the mug...it made me happy.  
This one is a golden oldie....and I'm enjoying doing it again. I love the cartoony art....and the pops of color and patterns in the quilts are fun.  I did the black and white part at the top first....and now I'm just jumping around from quilt to quilt.




I thought I'd share my version of a super simple nut mix I've been making regularly for several months.  I always double the recipe.

3 cups of nuts....I generally use almonds, pistachios, sesame sticks, and pumpkin seeds...and sometimes cashews.  Use what you like.
Sauce: 
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne

Mix up the sauce and stir into the nuts until they are coated and spread out on a cookie sheet.  The original recipe recommended lining the cookie sheet with foil...so that's what I've done.  

For a double batch I bake it at 250 degrees for 30 minutes stirring every 10 minutes.  A single batch seems to be done it about 20 minutes.  Like Check Mix...it's a bit soft when it comes out but gets nice and crispy as it cools.

No comments:

Post a Comment