C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, March 28, 2022

Another Handwritten Heart

I've been making my sister Nancy a small 2022 desk calendar....and just realized it's almost April.  The wind chill this morning was 17 degrees....so it felt like January.

The theme of Nancy's calendar this year is "handwritten hearts"....they all have included some handwriting from a Fodder School lesson...and some of my sister Angie's handwriting.  

April was inspired by some of the blue metallic scraps I found on my table yesterday.....and I found the little "self love" in Angie's snippets.

I started with a simple 4 piece collage on a lightweight substrate....then stitched and cut out a heart.

I layered few scraps on the background including a piece of the handwriting fodder and did a couple more rows of stitching around the heart attaching it to the calendar page.

I think I like the back just as much.

The other 3 calendar pages....and a little bit about Angie can be found in these posts.

https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2022/01/handwritten-hearts.html

That got me thinking about blues....and I painted some of my commercial paper scraps a deep indigo blue today.  




This is what these three papers looked like before I painted them.....the color possibilities are endless.  I love this process!


I'm always curious how the papers will respond to the paint ....especially ones that were already a color. I love the mix of colors in this one.
It started off as bright shades of pink...and here is it painted a couple different ways.


No comments:

Post a Comment