C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, March 24, 2022

Still There

Maybe the most rewarding thing I did today was help Margie get her computer all updated and in good working order so she can start watching her MLB (Major League Baseball) streaming app and spring training for the Colorado Rockies. After some consultation and a few trips back and forth she's up and running with a new operating system...and it's nice to have a somewhat frustrating task end well.  We had to chuckle that the only bad outcome is that it reset her Wordle history....but now she has a fresh start!  

I stopped in the Handiwork shop yesterday to take in some sample cards to display to promote my class.  And just so you know.....my quilt piece is still there....but in a new location. So the story continues....and this little piece is still "hanging around." 

The store is just lovely and I'm looking forward to teaching in this wonderful space.  

Here are a couple of the cards I took in. I do love adding a little metallic accent to each flower....and generally have painted over commercial papers that are already accented in gold.

But like I've mentioned recently....I'm adding my own metallic marks to the papers ...and I'm using and liking them more and more. 

I kind of like the randomness of the lines. 

And when I say painted....I mean just scribbled or dotted with a gold paint pen or gold paint in a fine line applicator.  But those random lines give a tiny scrap some interesting detail.....and often times the lines and blobs land in just the perfect places.

2 comments: