C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, March 3, 2022

Found Objects

I'm starting March in a bit of a creative slump...but that's OK. I know I'll get beyond it....I always do. So in the meantime thank goodness for thoughtful friends, sticky snow, and puzzles for my dose of daily joy. 

I had a good visit with Margie today....that's always a good thing. And I'm loving every minute of this puzzle.....the colorful buttons, ribbons, and notions just draw me in.



Jane recently gave me this delightful book, It Fell From The Sky

It's about this beautiful marble.....a found object that seemed to just fall from the sky.  The creatures were mystified...and delighted and they learn valuable lessons about ownership,greed, community, and forgiveness.  
In the end....the characters learn to appreciate, share, and celebrate together all the cool stuff that just seemed to fall from the sky.

It has found a spot on my kid shelf right next to my jar of found objects.  Jane is a librarian at an elementary school and a couple years ago she borrowed my jar of found objects for a library lesson on a book called I Need All Of It.  She knew this book about found objects was for me.

https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2020/01/i-need-all-of-it.html

Thanks Jane!

One of our latest found objects has been sitting on the puzzle table for a little while now. These little waddling penguins don't waddle all that well...but they make up for it in cuteness.  


No comments:

Post a Comment