C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, February 7, 2022

Remembering Angie

Today is the first anniversary of my sister Angie's death.  

She was just 65 years...and lived most of her life helping other people. She was a handy woman and painter by trade and an extremely creative and talented artist. Bits and pieces of her are scattered all over my home and studio and her inspiration is woven into my own art, home and heart.

We had a light snow during last night's sunset....and it reminded me of Angie. Quiet...unexpected....a little mysterious.....and oh....so beautiful.

Nancy's rock carin

Back in the fall of 2018 my four sisters and brother-in-law came to Portland.  We had perfect weather and such a good time taking in coast and local sites. Such good memories.


Tim, LaVonn, MaryAnn, Marilyn, Angie and Nancy



My sister Nancy scooped up a bunch of Angie's handwriting papers when the sisters cleaned out her house.  https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2021/04/nancys-box.html

I made Nancy's next calendar page using some of Angie's pages for the heart mixed with a little of my handwritten JOY.  Nancy's birthday is on Valentine's Day....I need to get the box in the mail soon.  

Calendar story: 
http://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2022/01/handwritten-hearts.html

4 comments:

  1. These are some beautiful photos of your family, especially those of Angie. Sending you vibes and energy of comfort. 💚

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: I bet if you created a class on creating that calendar, you'd get lots of sign-ups. Just saying... 👍🖍✂️📅

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I teach you anytime you how I do it anytime you want. It's kind of old school.

      Delete