C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Oranges and Nests

Today was one of those days.....just too many fun things to write about. So I'm choosing to share some images that took my breath away. There's another story I want to report on....but it will have to wait. Today is about spectacular oranges and nests.

I stopped in to see Janice....and like I've always said.....there's always something interesting and colorful to see at Janice's house. These dried orange slices along her window took my breath away! 


I loved the reflection in the mirror!

And there was a bounty of oranges on the counter....and peppers drying....and other colorful fabulous things! There's always color at Janice's house...and if there's any color that oozes Janice...it's orange!

And I've wanted to share these images for a few days now....they also took my breath away and I thought some of you might enjoy them too.

Paul did some snowshoeing in the woods....and took some incredible photos of some bird's nests.  The hint of sun in the background of this one is kind of ethereal. 

Some of this white stuff might be snow....


....but if you zoom in it looks fuzzy. I'm intrigued and want to know more.

Paul's thumb is a reference photo....we think this one must be a hummingbird's nest? 

I'm quite taken with these magical nests....and the guy who took the time to photograph them.....because he knew I would love them. 
Well done Janice and Paul!


4 comments:

  1. Those photos really are incredible. Doesn’t that white stuff looks fibrous? Maybe you’ll be able to learn more as spring approaches. And those orange slices have such a striking simple beauty. Love them especially.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't see them in person....but when I zoom in....yes, they look like fibers. And I agree about the orange slices...simple beauty!

      Delete
  2. Love the bird's nest! My grandfather (who died before I was born) was an avid birder and discarded bird nest gatherer. Bet he would've known what kind of bird made it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they cool!!! Does your grandfather's collection still exist?

      Delete