C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, February 12, 2022

Birthdays and Painted Papers

Happy 6th birthday Eliza!

Eliza is my art buddy....and I sent her a little box of goodies.  Since yellow is her favorite color I made her a yellow fiber bowl and filled it with stars.

I spent some time this morning painting swatches of my purchased metallic art papers. I learned from Elizabeth St. Hilaire that these fabulous papers can look more homemade and painterly by doing an acrylic wash over them. I do this with a sponge and watered down acrylics. 




Some of these were a cream color to start so you know exactly what it's going to look like.  But others were already a color....so you never quite know what you're going to get...I love the process.

This paper was a bright pink and white to start...one piece has blue wash and the other has a yellow wash.



And just a hint of it gives this little flower a little character and a big splash of color.


The gold accents in the paper resist the paint...so continue to shine through. One sheet of paper can give several colors to work with.  I love using this technique!  


These metallic papers make the perfect little edge to my torn paper flowers...and it only takes a smidgen.




No comments:

Post a Comment