C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, February 6, 2022

Another (Useless) Bowl

Once I get something in my head....I usually have to stop and just do it or I won't stop thinking about it.  

I came across a bag of wool yarn hanks that I've had for years and hardly ever dipped into. I'm not even sure where I got them but I've often been the lucky recipient when people clear out their stash.  Someone needs to be the recipient of my clearing out! 

I pulled a few strands from all the colors and loved the way they looked in their messy pile. So inspired by what I've seen from other members in my Water Soluble Magic class....I made another bowl.

I tried to do just the amount of stitching that was necessary to hold it together.....and I used variegated thread on the top and a pretty purple on the bottom. 


Before the fabric is washed away....


....and after.


I'm pretty tickled with the shape of this one.


Paul is VERY supportive of all my art....he cheers me on and celebrates my joy that comes from creating something new....even if he doesn't get it. But his second comment the other day was "how many delicate (he didn't say useless....but he was probably thinking it) bowls does one need? 


No comments:

Post a Comment