C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, February 24, 2022

Shades of Blue

I stopped in the Cotton Weeds Quilt shop to watch Jane machine quilt her most recent quilt....and I needed to pick the thread color and quilting design for my crazy quilt we're she's working on.. It was fun to see the process and I was surprised that she doesn't actually watch the needle. 




She watches the tiny red dot on the swirl near the arm...and she just traces the pattern over and over.  It was fascinating...and looked like fun!  

Her calm and beautiful sea glass color scheme is a stark contrast to my crazy wild quilt.  I'm using the strip scraps to make a border for one end...mostly to make it easier to see how the quilt goes on the bed...but also for a little more interest. Not that it needed it....😉.

Jane told me to sew my scraps a strip of muslin to stabilize them and keep it from going wonky.  I sew a strip on...then press it back and repeat...repeat...repeat.  I want to be ready when she's ready so I'm going to work on it a little bit every day. I got about 3 feet done today.
Like the rest of the quilt it's just random...and I will admit...it IS a little wild and crazy. Once I get it long enough to go across one end...I'll trim it up and it will be ready to add to the quilt. 


The colors in my next puzzle match my quilt....and as I'm setting up my boxes I'm pulling out all the shades of blue and purple as a place to start....in honor of Jane's beautiful quilt.



1 comment:

  1. I love the colors in your quilt! I think it’s going to be even more beautiful when it’s done.

    ReplyDelete