C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Fuzzy Fibers

My soluble projects matched the evening sky.

I've done a few more soluble experiments. There are so many things I want to try but I'm still dabbling in the decorative stitches. 

I discovered by accident that doing decorative stitches over fuzzy yarn is enough to hold a piece together without sewing a grid the other way. Did that make sense?  The little fuzzy hairs get caught in the next row of stitches.  

Maybe this view will help. It all started thinking of ways to use the long scraps piece of soluble....and this is what it looked like in progress.

It looks delicate...but it's actually quite stable.

Next I tried a piece "Swirls of Color" style....and this time I did sew a grid in the opposite direction to make sure it would hold together.  I couldn't count on the fuzzy yarn.

It was marginally successful...and actually holds up fairly well.  I keep learning little nuggets that might lead to something. What?....I'm not sure yet. It just feels like there's potential.

I know trying some landscapes of sorts is rattling around my head. 

I absolutely adore the way the stitches knot up and go all wonky.


No comments:

Post a Comment