C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, February 17, 2022

Just Giddy

 "Sometimes I only need stand wherever I am to be blessed."  Mary Oliver

Paul and I stood right where we were and admired the morning sky during our walk....it was splendid.  

The temperature was in the 40's and the birds were singing .....it felt so wonderful after all the cold.  

I know the cold is coming back....but today we were blessed.

I visited Margie today....and she was bubbling over with joy and enthusiasm and it was the highlight of my day. 

First of all a week or so I introduced her to the daily word puzzle called Wordle. I only learned about it a few weeks ago myself and it's the first thing I do in the morning when I settle in with my coffee....and now it's the first thing Margie does. She used to check my blog first thing...now she does her Worlde of the day.  

As a matter of fact she said when she woke up she used to have to sit for about 5 minutes or so on the edge of the bed thinking about and mustering up energy for the day.  But because of Worlde....now she's up in just a couple minutes with a spring in her step.  I laughed out loud....because it's Wordle that gets her up and moving faster...not my blog.  She was just giddy....and I love that!

I won't go into detail about the game because either you already know about it...or you can look it up or ask me.  Here's a link the website....and today's word was "shake." You guess one word a day....and it takes just a few minutes.  Today took me 5 lines....I generally get it quicker.  

https://www.nytimes.com/games/wordle/index.html


And for all you Wordle fans...here are my stats so far...100% win...and it took six lines only once so far.


Secondly....Margie just finished an amazing wooden puzzle that was gifted to me AND Margie from my friend Lynne.  

Margie said it was by the far the most fun she's ever had doing a puzzle....she was just giddy with joy as she was describing it. Many of the pieces are amazing little images like suns and dragonflies.  You can't get a piece in the wrong spot...and when it fits...it slides in the spot like a warm knife through butter.  I took it apart and brought it back home and maybe I'm guessing I'll be just giddy too.

Thank you Lynne!  What a wonderful gift!


Lynne also sent this fun little assemblage....and she did it back when it wasn't even a thing yet.  

This is her first watercolor set that she memorialized with various found objects and trinkets.  She was letting it go....and thought it should live with me for a while.  I'll find a little spot in my studio....and it will make me smile every time I see it.

Thanks Lynne!
And finally....another view of that morning sky....
with a whole different color scheme. I was just giddy.


2 comments:

  1. All four of us enjoy Wordle at our house. We have been doing it about a month. Short, fun game to start the day. Sandy P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love knowing this! Yes...a good way to start the day!

      Delete