C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, February 21, 2022

Fabric and Fibers

I got up early this morning to watch the sunrise....it was spectacular and changed by the minute.  It was a balmy 30 degrees so I was able to sit outside on the front steps to soak it all in.


Like I said yesterday....there's fabric and fibers flying all over the house.

One of the things I've been playing around with is this twisted fabric rope.....I've always wanted to try it.  It's a good way to use scraps....and I'm finding the twisting process quite relaxing. 
I'm not quite sure what' I'll do with it...but it could be coiled up like a braided rug for coasters, a hot pad or even a basket.  

For now....I'm just having fun using up some scraps and watching the colors mix together. I'm just going to keep going and make a big ball of it.
And I got all my paper pieced squares all sewed together. I'm thinking it needs to be just a bit bigger so I'll dip into my stash of batiks when I get back home.

Jane has been cutting wool strips for a rug. The squares will be stripes like this with next square's stripes going in the opposite direction. It's going to be stunning!  

 

Patsy is working on an incredibly detailed cross stitch on linen.  It's going to be a stunning Wizard of Oz scene for one of her grandchildren.

And Jane and I (mosty Jane) have been working on extra squares for a quilt she's making for me with my striped and polka dotted fabric.  You can see the first set of squares all layed out in this post: https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2020/07/one-of-those-days.html  More on that tomorrow.

It's such a pleasure and a privilege to have this focused time with friends....doing things we love to do.  We even played some cards today and took a nice walk. 

Joy!   

2 comments: