C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, February 11, 2022

Hand Painted Stars

I just discovered that the hand painted background papers I made for the handwriting lessons of Fodder School make wonderful stars.  

The paper is just copy paper...but the acrylic paint gives it some body so they pinch up into fabulous stars. I wanted to see how small I could go......and the answer is pretty darn small. Three of them are just 1/4 inch.

I didn't have long runs left of papers with the writing on it...I guess I'll have to make more. They could be stars with secret messages of sorts. 

I continue to play a little almost every day with the water soluble fabric.  Yesterday some of the class members met with the instructor Jayne Emerson on Zoom and it was so much fun. Jayne lives in the Cotswolds in England.....and others were from various places around the world.  It's mind boggling that we could all see each other and share our stories in real time.

This experiment started with some fused batik fabric strips....then lots of topstitching going both ways...some of it over some wool threads.  
Once the base fabric was washed away I was left with an interesting piece of lace fabric.


It looks like like sunshine!

2 comments:

  1. So much to see in your post today! I love it all. All of it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My head is exploding with ideas! I think of you every time I make stars! Thanks for checking in!

      Delete