C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, February 18, 2022

"The Absurdity of Joy"

My friend Dana wrote an Instagram post titled "The Absurdity of Joy"....and of course it drew me right in.  She talked about the absurdity we've lived through these last few years....the anxiety, loss, and the exhaustion. But she also wrote: 

"In the face of such absurd pain, I believe our only response can be turning toward the absurdity of joy. Can we lean into imagining a world where we can each have access to delight, joy, and rest?"  

Well said Dana! Her whole post can be found here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CaFRm6Zlb5N/

I have that opportunity for delight, joy, and rest.

I'm heading Down East tomorrow....and I'll be on the Maine coast with Patsy and Jane from Saturday through Wednesday.  We will mostly be unplugged....but maybe with the help of my "hot spot" I'll be able to post just a bit.  But if I can't....here's  some of what I'll be delighting in.
These photos are from the last time I was there in April of 2019....a year before COVID kept us all at home.  It will be good to be back to stitch...laugh...and rejuvenate with people I love.



The sunrise from my bedroom...or probably Jane's this time.

You still might see me here in the next few days....but if not...I'll be back on Wednesday.  I've got a pile of projects to take with me and I'll be joyfully puttering.

No comments:

Post a Comment