C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, January 9, 2022

Handwritten Hearts

Making little handwritten hearts from my collage fodder started a week or more ago with a calendar idea for my sister Nancy.  Her birthday is on Valentine's Day...so hearts have sometimes been a theme.  

I recently sent Nancy her January and February pages....and I'll be working on the rest over time....or maybe all in time for her birthday. 

I think the white card stock is a little harsh....so I'll figure something out there...but each one will be a little different...and hopefully improve.

I'm going to include some of my other sister Angie's handwriting every month...either in the heart or in the background. Nancy is the one who retrieved a bunch of Angie's collage fodder when they cleaned out her house. and here's a little glimpse into just some of it: https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2021/04/nancys-box.html 

I made a few more today....and I'm leaning towards this more simple design. I'm also mounting them on white paper giving them a little border and of course will a few stitches. X X X

2 comments:

  1. Theses are so clever. Nancy will love these, MaryAnn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the vote of confidence Roseanne! They will evolve.....

      Delete