C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, January 16, 2022

Magic

"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." Henry David Thoreau

I'm so glad there are artists out there who capture nature close-up for the rest of us to enjoy. How can you not see this snowflake and not think it's magic!


I follow an Instagram account called macro_brilliance.  It's filled with amazing nature closeups from various photographers....and the images are incredible.  https://www.instagram.com/macro_brilliance/

This particular photo was taken by Aleksandra...it took my breath away.  https://www.instagram.com/a.macromagic/  




The outside of my little pocket journal from yesterday's post was a patchwork of hand painted papers all covered in "JOY" using a fineline applicator. 

I have two kinds of applicators....the one on the left by Jane Davenport is easier to write with. I just add fluid acrylic paint and water it down just a bit.

Inspired by Aleksandra's fabulous photo of the snowflake here's a little 3 scrap collage....with a little JOY.  The applicator makes great snowflake dots too!


No comments:

Post a Comment