C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, January 19, 2022

The Joy of Scraps

"Try not to forget, she said to me, how sweet it is to lose yourself in the things that bring you joy."  Brian Andreas

I lost myself in a little pile of colorful scraps....this time bits of leftover handwriting papers became daisies. 

Even the skeletons made me smile.


I cut a few stems and gathered what I needed to do a little project:
matte medium, a brush and a heavy book page for a substrate.


I started with stems.....


layered on the daisies...


and dotted on some centers.
The sweet joy of scraps.


I want to develop it a bit more and make a few cards.....
but this one became a little 3 inch collage....with a little bit of handwritten joy.

2 comments: