C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, January 11, 2022

3 Scrap Groove

A minor adjustment to and old saying: "It always seems impossible until it's done you start."

I'm going to start a 3 scrap collage exchange with Roseanne....and I'll write more about it sometime soon. But to get back into my 3 scrap groove I revisited and finished an assignment from an online course.

I started these magazine thumbnails during the Process and Possibility-Connecting Through Collage class.  I only did four at the time...but over the last couple of days I finished the page.  Each square is just 2 inches.

All the papers are from magazines and catalogs (except the first one I did recently where I just plain forgot). Magazines are full of colors and textures and the images are good to practice on because they're less "precious" than hand painted papers. And there's a never ending supply.
I tried to make the color scheme cohesive....and I added a little snippet of a papercut to each one. A quick project to get back in the groove. 

No comments:

Post a Comment