C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, January 8, 2022

Fodder

Finding joy in the process....finding joy in my fodder.

I've been quietly following along with a class called Fodder School.  Over the course of a year 12 artists are sharing their techniques to create collage "fodder".....a relatively new word for me. 

Fodder in the art and craft world is anything....literally anything....that can be used in collage, art, and crafting.  Stamps, envelopes, old book pages, greeting cards, maps, art experiments, doodles and on and on....I have it all. I've been saving it, snipping it, punching it, painting, and doodling it for years.

I've done some unusual things with my fodder....like sewing it together to send as a goofy card.

I've made shared art journal pages...

and greeting cards....



Some of you might remember back in 2019 I completed a 100 day index card project using fodder. This card was made from a calendar page and some snippets. 

Fodder School started in October....and I've been playing around with the techniques here and there....but this month's lessons by Autumn Moon have really caught my attention.  We've been learning simple techniques for making textured backgrounds and adding our handwriting as mark making.  Here's a little "handwritten heart"..... inspired by Fodder School

 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, MaryAnn ~ I think your handwritten heart is just beautiful, especially with the stitching. Lovelovelove this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roseanne! They're kind of fun....and addictive!

      Delete