C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, January 2, 2022

Finding Delight

We've had a couple of rainy days....and I found delight in the way the water beaded up on the patio doors.  I've never minded a rainy day.


I also found delight in the fact that when I isolated a few square inches of a piece of art that got a little out of control....it instantly became something better.

I'm trying to slowly clean and organize my studio tackling one little corner, one, shelf....one bin at a time. I usually have to stop and do a little something creative in between spurts...mostly because I'm easily distracted....but it also seems like a little colorful reward.

So the second I got my table cleaned off enough to paint I started this wild mixture of watercolor, paint pens, markers, and fluid acrylic paints in my fineline applicators

I had no goal other than to use a somewhat limited color palette and to just play.....I knew I would probably just cut it up. The vibrant colors were such a stark contrast to what I was seeing outside....and I found delight in both.

No comments:

Post a Comment