C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Match Made In Heaven

I've written about Sandy and Jim across the street a number of times....dear friends and neighbors who made us feel welcome from the minute we arrived.  

I helped Sandy reinvent her backyard garden with perennial splits from my Lexington garden....and the joy that it brought her bounced right back at me.

Here's the freshly mulched garden last summer.....it was thriving!

I've never had turtle head do as well as it has in Sandy's garden.
Today the movers came as Sandy and Jim make the transition into assisted living.  It was a difficult but good decision for them....and I will miss them being right across the street.
 
Sandy is a blog reader....and knows I love color. Just before they left she gave me two art pieces from Guatemala....I was so touched.

The pieces are hand stitched layers of fabric cut away to reveal another color....then embellished with embroidery.  They are festive and fun and I love them....and I love that they are from Sandy.

And.....I have a feeling they may be just the inspiration I needed to start planning the art going up the stairs.  

I have loved this purple wall from the minute it was painted....and I've been mulling over what to do on the walls for a very long time.

I've also loved this crazy wall of  fabulous fibers at the base of the stairs. For a little back story you can read this post: http://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2017/12/just-giddy.html  

I pinned up the weaving piece on the right (which was actually sold as a scarf)  a while back and there it stayed.  And then just this Christmas I added the garland on the left....and there it stays.  It's a work in progress....with very little progress.


One of my thoughts for the purple wall was a gallery of sorts of art I have collected from artists I admire....or art with a special story like these two new pieces. And maybe even some of my own art.

I think the fabric and fibers might be a match made in heaven and these new art pieces might be the jumping off point I needed to propel me forward. 
Thanks Sandy!  Good luck to you and Jim in your new home! 

4 comments:

  1. Aren't those pieces called Molas. I have several and love all of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Thanks for the tip....it was fun reading more about it!

      Delete
  2. Oh, that will become one beautiful mini gallery, for sure. And I LOVE the red coat!

    ReplyDelete