C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, January 15, 2022

Pocket Journal

I spent a good chunk of the day putting together a little pocket journal as the final project for this month's Fodder School lesson by Autumn Moon.  At first I thought I would just get a start...but then once I was in the middle of the mess fun I needed to see it through.  All the pages are hand painted and handwritten....with the exception of a few book pages.


It's not so much a journal...but more a little art book using lots of bits and pieces from the handwriting lessons and play....and I'll probably add more.  It's certainly an explosion of color....a good diversion on a very COLD day.


I enjoyed learning the process of making the little book....similar to what I've done before but different enough to be new.

This is the inside of the cover before I added the two sets of pages....and it even has a little pocket for one of my handwritten hearts.  You can see a little video tour of it here on my Instagram page:

No comments:

Post a Comment