C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Carry It Home!

On our way to Monson I did a little paper cutting in the car. Just a few simple things....and just the inside cuts. 

Today I enjoyed some time on the patio and did the outside cuts with a pair of scissors.  They will come in handy in my joy journals or on one of my tags. You can never have enough leaf shapes.


 
I also made a few photo montages to send to Alyson...and Janice and Patsy....so why not share a couple of them here. This first one needs a little explanation. Janice, Patsy and I walked a mile or so into town on morning. It was a lovely day and downtown Monson is cozy and quaint. There's a pottery shop, a little general store and a very nice art gallery with all kinds of magic from local artists.

Patsy and Janice bought beautiful handmade baskets. Janice's was small and easy to carry....but Patsy bought a handwoven hamper. Yes...a hamper. Luckily it had two handles so she and I were able to walk it the mile back home. We had to switch hands every 10 minutes or so...but we were pretty tickled with ourselves not going back with the car.

I've carried many things home over the years and I still have several of them in my home that have been painted or rehabbed. I love repurposing other people's cast offs! 

This was a great find that I carried home with the help of Anita and Janet:

And this repurposed table is in our entry way that Paul carried home:

And this found coffee table is still in our living room...it got driven home:
https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2021/04/no-1123-12-d.html


One more montage with the truckload of stuff from the boat house that went to the dump the next day. It was so nice to help with a camp cleanup project!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the carry-home-the-basket-hamper story, and I'm smiling at the theme of satisfaction that infuses every aspect of this post, MaryAnn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for celebrating this story with me Dotty! Satisfaction for sure!

      Delete
  2. Those cut=outs are really calling to me, MaryAnn! Love the squares as well as the leaves. And the carrying of the hamper between two friends made me smile. A true labor of love! My friend Maryellen and I once carried a thrifted Christmas tree through a crowded holiday fair and just thinking about it makes me laugh!! Oh the things we friends do!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy! I love when. post brings back a memory. Way to go on the thrifted Christmas tree....I can picture it and I'm laughing too!

      Delete