C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, August 20, 2018

Paper Stack

I have an idea for the rainbow catalog strips I folded last month.  


I realized it was very similar to the fused fabric layer in the stacked totem piece I finished recently. I like that piece and I've gotten good feedback.
So I'm going to make a similar piece using just paper and this folded rainbow spectrum will will be one of the layers of the stack.

My next step was to stitch the paper strips onto a piece of interfacing covering up the stitching line as I put down the next layer. I still can add decorative stitching that will show...but I'll make that decision later.

    

I used a piece of paper with a tick mark as a guide as I placed each row to try and keep things fairly lined up. I do have a tendency to veer off the straight and narrow path....so to speak.  Now I'm auditioning papers and brainstorming what the other layers might be. I'm going to take inspiration from the fabric piece and be sure to keep some layers more solid and textural. I have an unusual but appropriate canvas in mind for this one.  More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment