C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Birch Trees

While Becky was making bird parts a few days ago I was collaging birch bark using a variety of neutral ephemera papers like music, book pages, security envelopes and tissue. 

I glued torn strips and small pieces of the papers onto a piece of card stock...then cut out the trunks. I'm going to try it again sometime using a little different approach on the same theme. I think it has potential.



I had to chuckle when I saw this photo because I didn't pay any attention to the the book pages I was tearing up.  Right in the middle is information about intestinal colic and lead poisoning....yikes!  Maybe the "BEAUTIFUL" balances it out a little.

I'll share the finished project tomorrow....and the creative connection that inspired it.










No comments:

Post a Comment