C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Home Stretch


I'm in the home stretch with my Folt Bolt July color scheme project....I'll finish it in the next day or two when I get back to Lexington. Once again...just in time.


Yes....I chickened out on the loose free motion quilting outline. I'm going to try that on one of these little quilts....I think. But what a difference the black outlining makes. I think the stamens will be dark orange with a black bead at the end...I want them to stand out. 

Here's a little catch-up on my process. There have been too many joyful things to post about....this kept getting bumped.













I chose this striped fabric for the border and most of it will wrap around the paint panel. I like that it had a touch of black because it will tie in with the black outlines on the lily.

I cut away some of the yellow in sun circles to reduce the bulk and not waste fabric then fused them in place.


I used some of the decorative stitches on my machine to top stitch the sun. I think I might have liked a simple blanket stitch by hand better....but this will be just fine.  I think the machine stitching is a little heavy.  

Some of edges of the sun will wrap around the panel too. Home stretch!



No comments:

Post a Comment