C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Lunch With A View

I came home from Maine this afternoon for a day or two to see Connie and tend to things at the house. I did what you've heard me say I always do....I walked the yard. First of all to my delight I had a profusion of rain lily blooms.....and once again I can't help but share.

Sorry for being a broken record....but they make me so happy. Thanks to LaVonn at least four of us sisters now have them...and we often share progress and pictures with each other. We are connecting through our rain lilies.

We also had some good rain while I was gone so the gardens look lush and happy....there may be more on that to come.




But also while I was away my little rabbit friends took advantage and had a feast eating this whole hosta. I have this same type in two completely different places....and both were eaten down to almost nothing.  I think my new strategy will be to split them in the fall and spread them here and there behind bigger ones and just let the rabbits go to town.  Rabbits have to eat too! For now....I'll just have a gap in the garden. When I'm home I use a spray called "Liquid Fence" and that seems to keep them out...but the new strategy will be cheaper and less stinky. It does, however, work really well.

Notice the gap just to the right of the rain lilies?  That's one lunch stop. In the big scheme of things it's a relatively small problem....or not really a problem at all. How could it be when I have so many lily blooms! The rabbits had lunch with a very pretty view.

And...by any chance if my rock fairy is reading this....I put the orange starfish back on my mystery rock that appeared last summer. (it came with its own starfish)  I still don't know who's responsible....but the mystery is fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment