C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, July 21, 2017

Test Guest

My friend Anita and I made a quick overnight trip to Portland.  I had blinds installed today and new paint colors to see so we turned it into a little get-a-way. It was fun having her as my first guest....and I teased her that she was my "test guest."  She was a good sport.

Because of lighting and layout (and my photography skills) this condo is hard to photograph. And, I didn't get things cleaned up and put back together until late this afternoon so the lighting was especially difficult...but I'm quite happy with my new pops of color.

The green is rich and cheerful....and I love the sightline from the kitchen into the living space. The color frames the windows and cupboards nicely like I had hoped and will be a nice backdrop to my artwork.




The new purple stairway wall is bold and unexpected....and I love it. In both these spaces artwork will make a big difference.


Most of our time was at the condo....but Anita and I had to make a quick trip the hardware store and we both made 29 cent purchases that made our day! I'll keep you wondering.....it will be Anita's and my secret.

Thanks Anita for being a great "test guest."

1 comment: