C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, July 7, 2017

It's Time....

....to call in the professionals.

Paul and I recently came to the conclusion that it's best for both of us if we hired the painting done in our condo. Painting is something I can do...but the job was more daunting than I had imagined. The more repair and prep I did...the more I saw.  It needed to be done right this time. Then if I ever want to change a color....it will be easy.

A chance meeting at the pool led me to Pete the painter and we're off and running. Pete and his crew did all the ceilings in the whole place yesterday before we arrived and this morning they were busy fixing more holes and filling more cracks prepping every space for paint. As I've said before...the prep is the most important part and these guys were amazing. We're in a mess for a little while....but we're OK with that. We have a patio and a pool and a beautiful world out there to explore.



But what this means is that I have to pick colors for the whole condo....3 bedrooms, 1 den, 1 studio, 3 bathrooms, a kitchen and a living room/dining room space. Of course I've been thinking about it for a long time but my head is spinning with color. But with the help of the designer at the paint store...I'm getting if figured out and have some samples to experiment with. The crew won't be back until next Thursday....then the whole place will magically get painted over 3 days....maybe 4.

The big open living space will be a calm neutral....but the separate rooms will be colors. Like I mentioned a few days ago....there's a fair amount of purple's and plums in my inspiration rug.

So why not go big and bold on the accent wall going up the stairs right to the left of the rug. You only see it when you walk in the front door or when you're going upstairs. So I'm auditioning purple. I've never used purple before....we'll see.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment