C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, July 13, 2017

Third Time's a Charm!

In my last house in South Portland I painted a little pass through hallway 3 times. I wanted a rich medium dark blue...but not navy. 

The first color I painted was too dark. The second color was too light....or too colonial bluish. So I mixed the two together until I got a color I was satisfied with....and I loved it!  Third time's a charm! 




I knew it was the color I wanted in the den at the condo but I couldn't find it anywhere. But lucky for me the guys at the local Benjamin Moore store were able to color match a swatch I had perfectly.

The second coat went on today and I love it. This isn't a very good picture because it was a very cloudy dark day and there's no overhead light in the den so it looks darker than it actually is. It's got a nice cozy vibe.




Edgecomb Gray is the neutral for most of the main living spaces. It's perfect because because it's both gray and beige. Someone wrote that she "wasn't hip enough to paint gray"...so Edgecomb gray was perfect for her too.



The first coat finally went on the walls in the main living space today....and I'm very pleased.  It was several days of tedious prep and reprep because of various issues....but what a difference having a fresh coat on all the walls.










I actually chose to put Edgecomb in the studio too.  I'm sticking with the purple going up the stairs and I wanted the attached bedroom to be a color so something up there had to be neutral.  A lot of artists paint studio spaces white so the color doesn't interfere with their work. It's still hard for me to say I'm an artist...but is sure feels fresh and bright and will be a wonderful space to create. It's all coming along!



No comments:

Post a Comment