C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, July 9, 2017

A Summer Sunday

The days have been full and wonderful here in Maine. We've been enjoying the pool....our favorite times are evenings and mornings. The back patio beckons us every day....and the last couple of nights we've enjoyed a wonderful firefly show in the woods. We haven't seen many fireflies in New England so this was a pleasant surprise.  I have such fond memories of growing up in Wisconsin catching fireflies.

I'm still in the middle of picking all my paint colors...thank goodness for samples. I still love the idea of purple going up the stairs....but I may have to lighten it up a bit. The color in this photo is a little off...it's a hard area to photograph...but it's pretty luscious in the right light and makes quite a statement.

I have to figure this all out in the next couple of days and I'm getting close. Some colors are just right....I've tossed out a few... and tweaking the others. My inspiration rug is always in my head.


I did take a few hours this afternoon and sat at the little table in the studio. What a delightful place to work and play. There was a nice breeze and pleasant view.  I loved watching the walkers and hearing the sounds of kids playing at the pool...perfect for a summer Sunday afternoon.


But....July is sneaking by so I also took some time and played with my orange and yellow fabric. More to come on that.


No comments:

Post a Comment