C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Trial and Error

After some trial and error this afternoon...I finally have the basic concept and layout for my July project. I think it's going to be a happy little piece. It helped to cut a viewfinder out of paper to see what was going go land on top of the little 6 inch canvas. I'm not exactly sure about the edges yet but I'll figure it out. I do like it when some of the image wraps around.


Stitching and outlining will make a big difference.  I think I might outline the lily in black to really make it stand out....I may have to practice first. Then I can stitch a stem and leaves without adding any extra color. I do like to keep pretty true to the color scheme so I won't add any green.
Working in front of the window in the studio is delightful almost all day long until the sun comes around the corner in the late afternoon. But these pleated shades do the trick...and the best part is they came with the condo.








I cut up a lot of pieces and made a decent size mess before I landed where I did. But luckily most of the scraps are useable for another project. Even small pieces of fused fabric is valuable.




I did a digital experiment this evening to see what black outlines around the lily will look like....I think it adds a lot. 

I would like to think I could do this a little loose and sketchy with free motion quilting.  But I will probably chicken out and do it by hand more precisely. We'll see. I will take it back to Lexington and finish it up there where I have more resources and supplies. I'm not fully set up in the condo yet. I also need to remember to add a a little JOY somewhere on the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment