C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Busy Day

There was a lot happening at the condo today....it included painters, a plumber, and a tow truck driver.  If you're interested in all the tedious details....read on.

Yes...my car had to be towed to a shop back in Massachusetts. It's not a bad thing at all to be housebound in Maine until Paul comes back this weekend.  It's kind of like being snowed in...other than the fact it was a beautiful sunny day.



There are rooms in this condo I don't think I have ever shared here.  So much of it has been...and still is a work in progress....but progress was made today.

There's a very large master suite in the back of the condo.  It's been sitting partly painted since last summer.....but today was the day to finish the job.  Because it has a very high vaulted ceiling I called the professionals back in. And...because they had time...I made a last minute decision to also have them paint the small first floor guest bedroom. Three guys can get a lot done in just a morning. I still have two more bathrooms to paint at some point....so was glad to have this little room off my list. I clearly wasn't getting to it.

This little guest room will have a full size bed and a desk. It will double as an office and another place I can work on a project and make a mess.

I wanted the color to flow with the rest of the house so I chose Benjamin Moore's fernwood green...a lighter, softer version of what's in the kitchen.


I absolutely love it.....it's calming and very serene. This room has a great window...but none of those shots turned out. So you just get a corner.




The master bedroom room is hard to photograph.  It's very large and when the shades are open there's too much light and when they're down it's too dark. And...there's no overhead light. But hopefully you'll get a sense of it....maybe. The painters painted three accent walls the same dark blue that's in the study at the other end of the condo. Clearly I love that rich nautical color...and the two rooms couldn't be farther apart.

There's a large bay window that looks out to the back yard where you can see the woods and the sunsets. This will be a great place for sun loving plants....like succulents.    

You can see that the ceiling vaults way up.  I have NO idea yet how I'll decorate....but time will tell...I'll figure it out eventually.  



At the other end of the room is this little alcove which is painted Edgecomb Gray...the same color I used in the living/dining room and the studio.  The gray and the blue look great together.  This space is big enough for a couch so could be a TV/ reading area. Who knows? Maybe I'll take up yoga.

The third accent wall is this triangle above the alcove.  To the right of the alcove is a hall to the ensuite with two large closets on the way. It's great space. 

Like I mentioned a while ago...the whole down stairs except the kitchen came with quilted, insulated roller shades and they really help with the heating bill.  The shade in this room happens to be blue when it's down and makes the room dark and cozy. The little green bedroom's shade is white when it's down.  Valances for ALL the windows in the down stairs are still on the list.  It may be a while.

The plumbing update isn't as exciting but the guest toilet now works and a new kitchen faucet is on order. And I got a good lesson on our systems. 

If you missed out....here are all the posts about the condo so far.....a work in progress.  

Tomorrow is going to be a craft day!.....and a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment