C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, February 16, 2018

Wonky Star

A friend asked how I made the wonky star....it's only the second one I've ever made.  Wonky works for me because I'm not a very precise sewer.






This was the first one I made a while back....I just came across it as I was moving supplies up to Maine. I'm going to turn it into a pin cushion. 

There are all kinds of tutorials and directions on Pinterest but this clever little video from the Missouri Star Quilt Company is quick and shows pretty clearly how it's done:
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/111393790764244904/

These step by step photos are a condensed version of a tutorial I referred to by Victoria Gertenbach.  Her site is called The Silly BooDilly and her wonky star tutorial can be found here.  I just used random scraps for my star points rather than triangles....they all get trimmed up anyway. Refer to her site for more pictures and directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment