C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, February 24, 2018

Short Cut

I mentioned I wanted to make that little blue wonky star into a pincushion and I really needed one in Maine.  So I finished it up quickly a few days ago....taking a little short cut.




Rather than leaving an opening in the side for stuffing I cut a slit in the back and covered it with a piece of fused fabric.  No hand stitching required.   I agree....I could have picked better fabric....but this is what I had on hand and it's the back of a pincushion so it didn't really matter. 


After I stuffed it I just smooshed it with a hot iron to adhere the prefused fabric.                                                                    
 



And...I was so excited to get an e-mail today from my friend Anne who was inspired to make a wonky star for a shared journal page. I love it!  Thanks for sharing Anne! The world needs more wonky stars!



No comments:

Post a Comment