C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, February 3, 2018

Playing With Fibers


About a month ago I draped them over a piece of driftwood and hung them at the bottom of the stairs in Maine. It was a scrumptious bundle...so thick that much of it was hidden under the layers so I've been wanting to thin it out and attach it more permanently ever since.  So I settled in Thursday night with "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee" on Netflix and started played with the fibers.                                                                               

I love it! I'm going to keep tweaking it...adding more strings and dandling fibers here and there for balance and punch. I love it next to my purple wall!  It's hard to photograph anything in this entryway...it looks so much better in person. Stop by sometime and check it out! 


And....I love the fact that I have almost 1/2 the fibers left to use in other projects...hmmmmmm. For now I'll enjoy them hanging over my studio door.



2 comments:

  1. Im going to need to see this in person and talk about it. I have questions...

    ReplyDelete