C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Balance.....

....without symmetry.

Ever since I hung my 1/2 cathedral window quilt in the studio in Maine I knew I wanted a high shelf on the opposite wall. I wanted to balance the size and scale of the quilt without being too symmetrical...and I'm a big fan of shelves.

So another one of my tasks last week was painting and installing the shelf. I randomly plopped a few things on it....so rest assured it will change and evolve. Styling shelves is one of my favorite puttering pass times.  I love that I have a special place for Connie's watercolor palette in the lower left. And...the little circular needle punch piece was one of the first things I brought to the studio and now has a featured spot too.

I'm quite fond of this felt ball mobile...I love how it plays off the colors and shapes in the needle punch. 

My goal is form and function.  I want to be surrounded by things I love....but I also want my supplies organized and accessible. 

Balance without symmetry....a studio space still very much in progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment