C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Trees

This was one of those "joy filled" days where there are any number of things
I could talk about.

It started with a lovely walk down the bike path with Anita to Season's Four....a home and garden store here in Lexington...and ended with basic decisions about my first little quilt.  Both things involve trees.

This particular tree had these incredible long seed pods dangling from the branches and we were excited to find some on the ground.

I wish I knew what kind of tree it is...I'll have to do a little research. Anybody know?


The seed pods are more than 12 inches long and remind me of vanilla beans......I love them! They're the perfect addition to my growing collection of pods.

 This lovely collection of blue and green bottles at Seasons Four is a nice segue.....


......to the scheme and basic layout for my first quilt.

I've decided to incorporate trees into this series....and it feels like the right move.  I have some interesting quilting and accents in mind for this one....more over the next few days.  It just feels good to start.





No comments:

Post a Comment