C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, February 23, 2018

Quilt Quiz

I had to chuckle a few days ago when a friend (who will remain nameless) tried to read what was on the wall of my studio in this post. In her defense....the top line does look like "adobe."

It took a little while before the lightbulb came on that it was the ABC's and not some foreign language or secret code.  She was amused too and thanked me for helping her exercise her brain.  I actually think this piece is pretty amazing....it's cut out of one piece of wood.  I have a modest collection of ABC books....so am quite fond of this ABC wall art.
Today I'm offering a visual quilt quiz.

I stopped in at Jane's this afternoon to help her lay out a log cabin quilt she's been working on. It was a bit of a visual challenge....but I think we finally got it.

But when I got home and I looked at this picture I noticed one block was turned the wrong way breaking up the diagonal line the darker fabrics create. Can you spot it?

Hint...it's in the lower left area.


And it so happens that Jane lives at "Jane's Beach"...ha ha.....AKA Ocean Park, so we said hello to the ocean. It's a good day when it involve friends, quilts, and the ocean.


No comments:

Post a Comment