C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Quilt Progress

I've made some progress on the little pair of quilts. There's still more to do...more quilting and embellishments like buttons and maybe some hand stitching. 

I think the green might look better if I add horizontal wavy lines so it's more of a grid...it feels a little unfinished. And...there needs to be some sort of quilting on the polka dots.                                                                                                        

I only could find a few buttons around the house in Lexington....I've taken them all to Maine so these are just to get an idea.  I did end up using the burnt orange fabric which looks darker in the photo than it actually is.  I used variegated thread for that topstitching and only the lighter stitches show up in this photo. I'm still deciding on the tree for the orange one....keep it straight? curve it a bit?....add a branch?  

They're not glued onto the canvases yet....so letting them sit a bit is always good.

2 comments:

  1. Have you given thought to adding a hollow to a tree? Could add variety in a different way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan....I'll consider anything. I not sure I want to get too literal....as a matter of fact I'm a little unsure about the tree on the little star one. Thanks for the input....I'm always open to suggestions....and I'm going to refer back to the one we made together.

      Delete