C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, March 22, 2019

Proud Mom Kind of Feeling

I remember the feeling I used to get watching one of my boys in a school production...playing drums or trumpet in the band...or getting a hit during a baseball game.  They didn't have the lead or a solo....and I don't remember any game winning grand slam....but they were part of the whole helping make something delightfully wonderful to watch. I loved every minute of it.

I had a little window into that old feeling when I saw 5ftinf's Instagram post today.  Can you  "I SPY" a few of my tiny little acorns that made it into Philippa's orange/yellow arrangement?  They are just a tiny little part of this delightful sunny flat lay. (yes...that's what she calls it)

Philippa mentioned in this post how hard it is knowing when to throw flowers away.  I can totally relate because when you embrace the concept of wabi-sabi...all the stages of a daffodil's life are beautiful!

Another part of Instagram are "stories" that are only visible for 24 hours...unlike posts that stay on the site long term.  "Stories" are often a bit animated with captions and moving parts. Here a few screen shots from Philippa's morning "story" that made me smile. 

I love seeing the wide shot with the flat lay "ingredients" off to the side on her table.                                                                        

Yup....that proud mom kind of feeling. Instead of saying "that's my son playing the littlest bumble bee"....I'm saying "that's my little orange felted acorns on 5ftinf's table!" 💛

No comments:

Post a Comment