C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, March 4, 2019

The Corn

Two of the six weeks of 5ftinf's Consciously Creative class I took in the fall of 2017 I was helping my sister Angie in rural Missouri.  At first I was worried that being away from my own space and easy access to the internet would make it difficult...but I would make it work. Yes there were challenges....but in many ways it was a gift because it pushed me to be intentional and attentive....I had to be "consciously creative."

And I had the corn.

Almost every day I walked the country roads in the early mornings and dusky evenings bonding with the corn fields. I grew up on a farm....but never before had I spent time really looking and documenting the corn. I loved it.

 

Philippa loved the corn too.

I've been putting together a few things to take to Philippa when I visit her in Brighton....and I knew I needed to do something with the corn.

So yesterday I made an accordion card with some of the photos I took during those very consciously creative weeks walking the country roads of Missouri.
Color collecting and ordering was a big part of the class so I wanted the cover to be bright....I used my favorite Gundrun's World catalog to create my familiar stripe stack.

In contrast the lessons during those weeks focused on mood, shadows, and atmosphere so the country roads and dry cornfields were the perfect setting. 

On one side I lined up the horizon lines from several photographs.

 On the other...just images of the corn.

I tucked it into a little envelope I made from a catalog page...and it's ready to go....and so am I.  Today is the day....or rather tonight is the night.  See you in the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment