C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Worth the Effort

I think this panoramic view of the beach houses in Brighton is fun....especially with the skyline in the background.  I think I mentioned it in my Steller Story...but Nancy and I estimated that there were about 150 along the boardwalk.

The first day we were in Brighton we walked a long way down the beach and didn't come across them....I thought I was going to just have to let it go because we didn't have that much time.  It seemed like such a silly thing but I couldn't get them out of my mind. The next morning I asked our breakfast waitress about them and learned they were just 10 minutes further down the beach than we were the day before. We had a delightful conversation with her about them....which just added the story for me. We had some time that morning before we met Philippa so rather than choosing other things we headed back to the beach and had a delightful time walking in the wind and taking in the colors.  Well worth the effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment