C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, December 30, 2021

City Lights

There aren't too many things I love more during the holidays than all the lighting that comes with it. I took all the ornaments off the tree today....and we'll leave it up for a while longer with just the lights.  The 12 days of Christmas last until January 5th....so maybe that will be the day we'll take it down.

Paul and I recently took our annual Portland city light tour....always a joy. The lights around Portland are colorful, festive and fun.  I've written about them before but they're worth revisiting....and this is just some of them.  



A little glimpse of my tour guide.


I have a confession.  After I moved the last big puzzle of the cozy Christmas scene to the dining room table....it only lasted one day before I picked it up and gave it away.  I knew it wasn't right for me....and giving it away felt liberating.

I didn't even hesitate starting this festive city lights puzzle I picked up in Concord with Anita. Yes it's a scene....but it was only 500 pieces and it had clear layers and the blocks of color that I'm drawn to.  
I started it the day after Christmas.....


....and finished it the next day and I loved every minute of it. I'm already sorting the pieces for the next one. 
One of my favorite things about this puzzle was that the city lights were metallic. 


No comments:

Post a Comment